Friday, March 30, 2012

Tasting- Primo Amore Moscato




Name: Primo Amore
Variety: Moscato
Region: Puglia
Country: Italy
Year: $8.95
Price: Non-vintage

Wine Critic Review: "Straw-yellow with golden reflections and a delicate mousse. Fruity and very inviting, with intense scents of peaches and exotic fruit. Fresh and pleasantly sweet with a taste that reveals its varietal
characteristic."

My Review: I have enjoyed any Moscato that I have tried from the Vintage Cellar. The smell of the wine was full of peaches and had a crisp and sweet quality to it. As soon as I sipped the wine, I knew that this was going to be very good. It was sweet, full of peaches, and was crisp as during the tasting as well as the aftertaste. Also, I thought it was slightly creamy to me (perhaps that could have been the carbonation in the wine). A light bodied wine which was very tasty and I ended up purchasing a bottle. It was a great bottle to kick off the weekend with and share with friends.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment