Friday, March 23, 2012

Tasting- Estrella Chardonnay

Name: Estrella
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Napa, California
Country: USA
Year: $5.95
Price: 2010

Wine Critic Review: "Intensely flavored and balanced with layers of vanilla, butter and pear, followed by apple, banana and oak."

My Review: This wine smelled sweet and crisp to me, it reminded me of what a Moscato smells like. This was very intriguing to me because it did not have the usual cat pee smell as I have experienced with other Chardonnays. The taste of the wine was incredible, bull of citrus, pears, and apple. The wine critic and I were in full agreement on this wine. A light bodied wine which had a refreshing and clean aftertaste. This is my second favorite Chardonnay compared to Chateau Morrisette's Chardonnay.  

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment