Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tasting- Muscanti Brut




Name: Muscanti Brut
Variety: Brut
Region: Gironi
Country: Spain
Year: Nonvintage
Price: $7.95

Wine Critic Review: "Lemon blossoms, green apple, toast and honeydew melon are front and center in this crisp refreshing Spanish Sparkler. Silky supple with lingering flavors, yet a tingle of citric acid on the finish. A combination of traditional cava grapes but this wine is not made in the traditional méthode champenoise (which is required by Spanish law to be called Cava). This is made with the Charmat process so this wine may only be called ‘Spanish sparkling wine’."

My Review: The smell of this sparking wine was bubbly with apples and citrus fruits. The taste of this wine was okay to me, I could not get over the intensity of the carbonation that was present. Also, there was not much to it, it was a little crisp and I got some heat on my tongue as an aftertaste. Overall, this was a light bodied wine and I was not that impressed. I have had other Bruts before and this was rather lackluster to me.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment