Friday, February 24, 2012

Tasting- Heinz Eifel Shine Riesling




Name: Heinz Eifel Shine
Variety: Riesling
Region: Pfalz
Country: Germany
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95

Wine Critic Review: "Flint and mineral notes accent pineapple and lime aromas, while on the palate, the wine shows plenty of ripe, citrusy fruit flavors. Tangy acids on the long finish provide balance."

My Review: The smell of the wine was full of citrus, grassy, floral ,and gave off an aroma that it was going to be a very sweet wine. When I tasted the wine because I was pleasantly surprised because it was not as sweet as I thought. Instead it was tart which was interesting because I have only tasted sweet Rieslings. Citrus was present while I first tasted the wine and lingered as an aftertaste. A light bodied wine which was very enjoyable and I would highly recommend to my friends!

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment