Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tasting- Los Alisos Syrah




Name: Los Alisos Syrah
Variety: Syrah
Region: Santa Barbara County, California
Country: USA
Year: 2007
Price: $23

Wine Producer Review: "Los Alamos Valley is generating great interest among winemakers and wine critics for the quality and character of its Syrah. The region has a flair for producing wines with the peppery aromatics of a cold climate, and yet displays the rich intensity of warmer locales. Our Syrah is dark, dense and sinfully opulent with ripe scents of blueberries, white pepper and earth." LosAlisosWines.com

My Review: The color is this wine was a very dark red. When I held the wine glass up to my nose I got a very intense smell which consisted of dark berries. The tasting was very interesting, I could taste the dark berries as well as a very tart sensation overall. Even though it was tart, it was not puckery and stayed on my tongue. This wine left a bitter aftertaste on my tongue and to me seemed a medium-full bodied wine. I have not had a lot of experience with Syrah, however, I was not a fan of this particular one.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment