Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tasting- Hardys Nottage Hill Chardonnay




Name: Hardys Nottage Hill Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: McLaren Vale
Country: South Australia
Year: 2007
Price: $15

Wine Critic Review: "It's not often you hear the guys at Constellation express delight at their Nottage Hill Chardonnay - as they are with this vintage. It's mainly sourced from the Riverland with some Padthaway fruit adding a dimension to the flavour profile. There are some gentle, spicy oak aromas while the mid-palate is full flavoured and vibrant with intense, cool white peach tropical characters and a soft, pleasant finish." Peter Forrestal

My Review: This wine to me smelled like wet wood and a mildew/moldy and damp feeling. I could tell there were hints of citrus, however, this was very faint. The taste was the exact same as the smell. In addition, this Chardonnay tasted mossy/wet earth which was not good. I could tell that the smell and taste I experienced were a common theme among Chardonnays. This is one of my least favorite white wines to drink, however, I will still be open to trying other Chardonnays.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment