Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tasting- Robert Mondavi Solaire Pinot Noir



Name: Robert Mondavi Solaire Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Santa Lucia Highlands, California
Country: USA
Year: 2008
Price: $21

Wine Critic Review: "A medium-weight style, displaying simple, delicate strawberry, plum and cherry flavors that are pure and focused. Successful in presenting the grape in a delicate and persistent manner. Drink now through 2014. 30,300 cases made." Wine Spectator

My Review: The wine had a nice burgundy color and I very curious about what the smell and taste would include because I am not familiar with Pinot Noir. When I held the glass up to my nose aromas of mildew, wet wood, and berries entered through my nose. The taste of the wine was similar to the smell with the addition of it being bitter. The aftertaste was not any better, this wine left me with a strong bitter sensation.

This wine was not tried with food. 









No comments:

Post a Comment