Friday, February 24, 2012

Tasting- Resonata Nero D'Avola




Name: Resonata
Variety: Nero D'Avola
Region: Sicily
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95


Wine Critic Review: "Dense ruby red with violet reflections. Lush and ripe bouquet full of mulberries, blackberries and spice. Harmonious and well balanced with good berry fruit in a spicy background."


My Review: The Resonata Nero D' Avola was a very deep red color in my wine glass and the smell of this wine was full of dark berries and cherries. Also, it was giving off some heat/spice and I could tell that this was going to be a great wine to taste. The taste matched up with the smell of the wine, which I really enjoyed, with a hint of petrol on the tongue as an aftertaste. It did leave an oily coating in my mouth which was interesting and I could not tell if I liked it or hated it. I would say this wine was a medium-full bodied wine and would consider pairing it with food the next time I tried it.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment