Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tasting- Hardys Nottage Hill Merlot



Name: Hardys Nottage Hill Merlot
Variety: Merlot
Region: South Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2006
Price: $15

Wine Critic Review: "A wine made to maximise the attributes of the Merlot grape. The fragrant aroma of plums is complexed by herbal and spice overtones. The palate is soft with fresh fruit characters complexed by integrated oak flavours and subtle tannins." Wine.com

My Review: This wine was another decent that I tried at the Closeout Sale. The smell consisted of dark berries, petrol, oily, and like most other Merlots that I have tried it was going to be smooth to drink. When I tasted the Hardys Nottage Merlot I was very disappointed because it left nothing special on my tongue. It seemed very bland to me, light-medium body, and was probably one of my least favorite wines I tried that night.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment