Friday, February 24, 2012

Tasting- Santola Vinho Verde



Name: Santola
Variety: Non-Varietal White Blend
Region: Vihno Verde
Country: Portugal
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $7.95

Wine Critic Review: "Soft and creamy, although with just the right Vinho Verde bite, this is a crisp and clean wine, boasting light pear and pink grapefruit flavors. Off dry and very fresh."

My Review: This wine was one of my favorites that I tried at the Vintage Cellar yesterday. The smell of the wine was citrus, fresh, and was accompanied my a crisp smell. When I tasted the wine I got hints of various friuts such as  green apple and pear. Also, the Santola left me with a tart/sour aftertaste which I found to be very refreshing. Overall, this was a light bodied wine that I could see enjoying with some seafood the next time I have this wine.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment