Friday, February 24, 2012

Tasting- Protocolo Blanc



Name: Protocolo
Variety: Blanc
Region: Villarta-Cuenca
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95

Wine Critic Review: "Greenish gold. Subtle aromas of mint, lemon and orange, with a hint of honeysuckle. Dry, understated and focused, offering clean citrus and melon flavors and slow-building sweetness. Finishes dry and brisk, with an echo of lemon. As usual, this is an outstanding value." 87 Points, Stephan Tanzer

My Review: This wine had faint hints of grass, various herbs, and citrus fruits. This made me think that this wine was going to be full of flavor and I was very hyped up for it. Having said that, all the flavors that I smelled were very muted when I tasted it. In addition, there was a harsh bite on the tongue that lingered and left an unpleasant aftertaste. This wine was light bodied and overall I was not impressed with the wine.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment