Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tasting- Tama Estates Zinfindel



Name: Tamas Estates Zinfindel
Variety: Zinfindel
Region: Livermore, California
Country: USA
Year: 2007
Price: $15

Wine Critic Review: "A little sharp in acidity, and the wine pepper spice adds to the impression of zippiness in this bone-dry Zin. It's deep and likeable in raspberry, cherry, and sandalwood flavors." Steve Heimoff

My Review: From the moment I picked up the wine and smelled it I knew I was not going to like it. The smell consisted of wet wood, which was not pleasant. I could not get any sort of fruit smell because my initial smell was overbearing. I decided I would taste the wine to see if it was any better. Unfortunately, it was not and the smell and taste matched up. Then it was very hot taste and this sensation lasted as the wine went down and remained for a couple seconds. The wine was full bodied and had a very tart aftertaste which made the wine even less impressive. Hopefully another Zinfindel will spark my interest one day.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment