Friday, March 30, 2012

Tasting- Tres Ojos Old Vines Garnacha




Name: Tres Ojos
Variety: Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95

Wine Critic Review: "Bright ruby color. Primary dark berry aromas are simple but offer very good purity and focus. Juicy blackberry and bitter cherry flavors are youthfully tangy, with good back-end acidity adding snap. The clean, brisk finish leaves behind notes of sweet dark berry preserves and cracked pepper."

My Review: The smell of this wine consisted of dark berries and some pepper. Also, this wine to me seemed rather earthy on the nose. The taste of the Tres Ojos reminded me on a light red wine and was rather blah. I could pick out the dark berries in the wine, however, the taste was rather lackluster because as I tend to associate reds with being more complex than whites. A light-medium bodied wine which did not have a powerful taste or any aftertaste and something I would not want to drink again.

This wine was not tried with food

No comments:

Post a Comment