Friday, March 23, 2012

Tasting- Zonin Pinot Grigio




Name: Zonin
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Delle Venezie
Country: Italy
Year: 2009
Price: $5.95

Wine Critic Review: "Pale straw-yellow color with brilliant reflections. Delicately fruity bouquet, with outstanding finesse and marked hints of almond blossom and peaches. Elegant, soft and well structured
fruit on the palate, with remarkable freshness and a clean, persistent aftertaste."

My Review: This Pinot Grigio smelled overwhelmingly of citrus fruits, predominately of lemons. Also, it gave off a clean and crispy smell. The taste of the wine was interesting, I have not tried a lot of Pinot Grigios before so I was not familiar to how it should taste. Immediately I got a tangy sensation on the tongue which made sense because I was also tasting the citrus fruits I picked up from the smell of the wine. This was a light bodied wine which pretty decent based on the price.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment