Friday, March 30, 2012

Tasting- Oak Vineyard Chardonnay




Name: Oak Vineyards
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Napa and Sonoma Valley
Country: USA (California)
Year: 2010
Price: $5.95

Wine Critic Review: "Quite an interesting Chardonnay, in an era when so many are too sweet and extracted. There’s plenty of orange and apricot fruit flavor, but also a brilliant streak of minerality, like a lick of cold steel, and the overall taste is dry. Really easy to like, with lots of complexity to warrant repeated sipping."

My Review: The smell of this wine was rather clean, with hints of lemons and green apples filled the nose. I was very impressed once again because it did not have that typical cat pee smell. When I tried the wine, I thought that it was refreshing and crisp. Similar to the smell, I tasted only apples and lemons which made me enjoy this wine even more! This was a light bodied wine with no lingering aftertaste and is the perfect wine to go with the spring weather we are experiencing.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment