Friday, March 23, 2012

Tasting- San Elias Carménère



Name: San Elias
Variety: Carménère
Region: Central Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2010
Price: $5.95

Wine Critic Review: "The grapes for this Carménère are selected from vineyards in the Central Valley. Beautiful red fruit aromas. Supple and round in the mouth, the wine pairs well with full flavored cheeses and lamb."

My Review: The smells of the Carménère consisted of green peppers, spice (perhaps cloves), and some heat were given off. The color of this wine was very interesting, to me it seemed to be a lighter red and made me think that the spice could have been chile. The taste of the wine was not one of my favorites, I could taste a little bit of the green pepper. This was a medium bodied wine with heat and spice were present in the aftertaste, giving it a good finish.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment