Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tasting- Estrella Merlot



Name: Estrella Merlot
Variety: Merlot
Region: Napa Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $5.95

Wine Critic Review: "This ruby colored Merlot has raspberry jam aromas with a subtle hint of spice. Layers of vanilla, plum and fig are revealed that linger ever so slightly on the palate."

My Review: The smell of this wine was not pleasant, it reminded me of a  moldy/mildew smell. This was very overpowering that I could not get any sort of fruit on my nose. The taste was just as bad, it reminded me of a corked wine (it possibly could have been). The smell and taste were very similar, however, I did like the tobacco aftertaste. This was a medium-full bodied wine which I would be interested in trying again just to see if it was not corked.

This wine was not tried with food.



No comments:

Post a Comment