Friday, April 13, 2012

Tasting- Sierra Cruz Sauvignon Blanc




Name: Sierra Cruz
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Maule Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95

Wine Critic Review: "This Chilean Sauvignon Blanc just oozes with bright citrus flavors and a nose of herbs and grass. Stylistically, it is a cross between the herbal, grassy wines so prevalent in Sonoma County and the riper, more fruit forward products of New Zealand. Match it with pasta sauced with arugula, pine nuts,
mushrooms and parmesan.

My Review: The smell of this Sauvignon Blanc was very fruity at first. I could got mostly hints of apples and was very crisp to me. Lastly, there was a component of grass to it. All of these smells were complementary and I was excited to taste the wine. When I sipped the wine I was immediately overwhelmed with the tartness of the wine. With each subsequent sip the tartness was heavily present and I could not taste anything else at first. At the end of this tasting, I could get a little bit of the grassy component that I had smelled. A light bodied wine packed with tartness made for an interesting wine.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment