Friday, April 13, 2012

Tasting- Opera Prima Sweet White




Name: Opera Prima
Variety: Sweet White
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $5.95

Wine Critic Review: "Flowery and sweet smelling, then round and fairly smooth in the mouth. The flavor package of tropical fruits galore is pleasant and shouldn’t offend anyone. Finishes clean and easy. A mango boat of flavor."

My Review: I like how the Vintage Cellar ends their tastings with a sweet white wine. Typically a Moscato, however, this wine looked appealing. When I smelled this wine, it reminded me of Windex with a hint of sweetness to it. Not really a great/usual descriptor for wine, right? I was leery to try this wine, however, I will not judge a wine until I get the full experience. When I tasted the Sweet White, I got tropical fruits on the tongue, mostly mango, where the sweet Windex made an appearance as well. I did not care for this light bodied wine either.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment