Friday, April 6, 2012

Tasting- Cantina di Casteggio




Name: Cantina di Casteggio
Variety: Moscato
Region: Provincia di Pavi
Country: Italy
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95

Wine Critic Review: "Bright, light golden color. Very aromatic nose of ripe apricots, sage, honey and a slight minerality. Medium bodied, sweet and fruity with flavors of apricots and tangerine. Well balanced acidity and medium finish with layers of sweet and citrus fruit."

My Review: And now for the Moscato... This wine is always a great way to end the tastings the past few weeks the Vintage Cellar has had this wine. The smell of this Moscato was very sweet, fruity, and full of peaches with hints of honey. The taste combined everything in the smell of the wine and was crisp on the palate, light, and refreshing. This light bodied wine was not as good as the Primo Amore Moscato I tried last week, however, for a dollar less, it was pretty tasty.

This wine was not tried with food.

2 comments:

  1. Patrick, where can I purchase this wine? My wife had some and this is the only place that I have seen it online. I live in the DFW area but I'm pretty sure it is not found here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can we purchase this moscato

    ReplyDelete