Friday, April 6, 2012

Tasting- Oveja Negra Syrah-Cab Rose Reserva




Name: Ovega Negra
Variety: Syrah,Cabernet Sauvignon, and Rose
Region: Maule Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95

Wine Critic Review: "Oveja Negra Reserva Rosé is bright cherry-red in color and has an attractive nose with aromas of raspberries and strawberries as well as plum and a bit of green apple. Crisp and juicy on the palate with a slight sweetness that accompanies the red fruit flavors. Pleasing natural acidity with medium-high intensity, nice persistence, and a fresh finish."

My Review: The smell of this wine consisted heavily of tobacco and cat pee, which was odd because this is usually associated with Chardonnay. I got hints of plum on the nose as well. I was not a fan of the smell, therefore, I was wondering how well it would taste. The instance I tried the wine, I was not a fan of it. I thought it was extremely bitter tasting, all I could get from this tasting was tobacco. Also, I thought the color of the wine was very peculiar for a red and I really did not like the addition of the Rose into the mix. I would classify this wine as light-medium bodied which I would not drink again.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment