Friday, April 13, 2012

Tasting- Lost Vineyards Chardonnay




Name: Lost Vineyards
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Northwest Corner
Country: Argentina
Year: Nonvintage
Price: $3.95

Wine Critic Review: "Pale golden color. Perfumed peach, pineapple, and nougat aromas. Round and soft with a fruity-yet-dry medium body. Tangy apple skin and lemon zest notes lift the fruit nicely on the finish."

My Review: From reading my blog, everyone knows that I am not the biggest fan of Chardonnay because of the cat pee component present in this wine. Today, I was pleasantly surprised... The smell of this wine was full of fruits, mostly tropical fruits, in which I could pick out pineapple and mango. I had an inkling this was going to be a really great tasting Chardonnay. Well, when I tried it, I thought it was completely awful! It was overly tangy and the fruits that I smelled were subtly present in the taste. I am very confused by Chardonnays and I do not think I will be ever accustomed to their taste, however, I will continue to try them.  A light bodied wine with interesting characteristics to it.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment