Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tasting- Paulo Laureano Classico Alentejano Tinto




Name: Paulo Laureano Classico Alentejano Tinto
Variety: Aragonas
Region: Alentejo
Country: Portugal
Year: 2010
Price: $9.95

Wine Critic Review: "Intense ruby color. Clearly favors the component of primary aromas where notes of plum confit stress, blackberries, spice, and ripe red betters all in balance and attractive. Soft, to remember the hot plains, show a nice fresh, soft, and silky tannins and an elegant long finish." (Kevin, Dionysis, Vintage Cellar)

My review: For starters, the wine gave off a very earthy smell. I would classify this wine as a medium-full bodied wine. I could really taste all the fruits present, especially the blackberries and it gave off some heat for an aftertaste. Overall, I thought it was very strong tasting and I thought it would taste better if I had paired it with food.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment