Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tasting- Casa Bianca Spumante Rosato





Name: Casa Bianca Spumante Bianca
Variety: 100% Pinot Nior
Region: Asoli
Country: Italy
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $11.95

Wine Critic Review: "Prosecco is well known in Italy. This is used as a festive aperitif, however, mild dry Prosecco Spumante can be paired with appetizers and entrees. Prosecco is a common term and can be bought in several forms. The best have their own appellation, as Casa Bianca. The vineyards of Montello and the hills of Asoli are located in nothern Italy. The rosato spumante is made from white grape pinot nero prosecco and red. Together these grapes form a pale pink color and has a more powerful flavor than the white variety. Spicy rosato spumante with a fine, persistent mousse, juicy fresh red fruit in the aroma and a rich, smooth, and lasting flavor." (Kevin, Dinoysus, Vintage Cellar)

My Review: My initial reaction to the wine was that I could smell the fruit and it made me think it was going to be a very fruity sparking wine.  When I first sipped, I was pleasantly surprised because I thought I was not going to like the wine. It was dry and crisp with each sip with hints of fruit present. The carbonation was a nice touch to the wine as well and made the aftertaste memorable.

This wine was tried without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment