Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tasting- Doural Tinto




Name: Doural Tinto
Variety: Blend of 8 grapes
Region: Upper Douro
Country: Portugal
Year: 2009
Price: $8.95

Wine Critic Review: "This Portuguese tinto blend exhibits a deep red color with violet hues. The nose is vibrant and fruity. The palate offers notes of spice, cherry, and dark berry supported by good structure. This wine pairs well with red or game meat, cheeses, and fish. This wine is complex for the price and the best value in Portugal." (Kevin, Dionysis, Vintage Cellar)

My Review: The moment I smelled the wine, I knew that this was my favorite wine out of the tasting. I could really depict the cherries and berries in the wine. It was smooth and oaky on the tongue and I really enjoyed the aftertaste which consisted of some heat/spiciness. I thought for the price this wine was very complex as opposed to other red wines that I have purchased at this price.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment