Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tasting- Beauvert Cotes du Rhone




Name: Beauvert Cotes du Rhone
Variety: 70% Granache, 30% Shiraz
Region: Rhone
Country: France
Year: 2009
Price: $11.95

Wine Critic Review: "A beautiful ruby red wine. Very fragrant, with aromas of red fruit (currant, strawberry, and cherry) with hints of black pepper and cinnamon. Medium-bodied and silky in the mouth with mature, round tannins. Enjoy with meats, grilled vegetables, or cheeses." (Kevin, Dionysis, Vintage Cellar)

My Review: In this wine I could definitely taste the presence of berries. In addition, I could sense some heat on my tongue and left me with a bite. I thought that this wine had a vast amount of cinnamon in it which I did not care for too much. Very light bodied and gave off an earthy taste as well.

This wine was not tried with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment